Monday, April 29, 2013

Getting Back In it Slowly


I am having one of those days.


I can't wait to get to the gym tomorrow and get some work done. Tomorrow is a leg day, my favorite day of the week. I began to love the responsibility of taking care of my own workouts.  I get to do everything that I want to do and nothing that I don't. So, tomorrow I will lift, squat, lunge, and step-up on boxes to my heart's content. Maybe I will even row a little, you never know. I am looking forward to a nice, slow, intense session of lifting heavy things and putting them back down.  After almost a week of being out I desperately need some "bar" therapy.

I had a training session with a new trainer today and I am not sure if I can truly roll with this trainers style. It's fun, it's new, but I am use to a more methodical, scientific approach to training.  I am not saying that it is all bad, this trainer had some great moves that I will be incorporating into my routine, but today was not the day to do them. The entire workout my body was not cooperating, I could feel my elbow swelling, my lungs being full of post sickness "gunk" and my body was slow and sluggish. Most of the time I could not breath and my energy levels were in the dumps. That's what I get for being sick this long! It's okay, though, tomorrow is a new day and tomorrow I am going to be in a full -on beast mode!

In other news, I spent almost the entire weekend researching topics that I want to write my "in depth" weekly blog entries about. I am excited to say that this Saturday I will have something special up for you guys. Also, I just received the NASM book, so I am extremely excited to start reading it. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment