Thursday, April 4, 2013

Quickly, Make This Pancake, There is No Time!

I have already had a somewhat stressful week, and I am a little anxious before the cleanse that I am starting on Monday (more on that later). I was going to save this post for later in the week and kick off my new weekly post tradition (I will  call it NOMturday) in which I will weekly post a healthy recipe  for you guys to enjoy, but I just couldn't wait any longer. I had to have a treat this morning for a little "pick me up".  So, here is a super delicious treat that is good for you, not to mention my go to comfort food: Pancakes. Now, I do have to caution you, just because this recipe doesn't have the sugar, the flour, and all the crazy fat that comes with regular pancakes, you can't overindulge. This is a treat, not food to be eaten every morning. Now go make some eggs and spinach, people!

OVEN BAKED CHERRY PANCAKE

1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 Splenda or stevia packet (or your favorite sweetener)
1/3 cup almond milk
1 whole egg
1/4 cup egg whites
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp coconut oil
10 cherries, sliced in half and pitted

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Mix protein powder, flour, baking powder and sweetener in a bowl until evenly mixed. 
Add milk, eggs, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Whisk until well blended. Set aside.
Coat 8 inch or 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Add coconut oil and cherries.
Put in preheated oven for approximately 2 minutes until oil is melted and slightly browned.
Carefully remove pan from oven using mitt, and pour the batter over the top of the cherries.
Put back in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the entire pancake is puffy, golden brown, and crisp around the edges. Enjoy! 

Nutrition Info:
Per serving (serves 1): 350 calories, 28 grams protein, 34.2 grams carbohydrates, 11.3 gram fat 

Source: FitnessRX for Women http://www.fitnessrxwomen.com/nutrition/recipes/allis-slim-pickins/oven-baked-cherry-pancake/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment