Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Cool Hulk

Hot and humid summer is right around the corner, and if you are like me, staying cool while training hard are about to become two main priorities. During the summer, I shift my workouts to an earlier time in hopes of escaping the heat. This tends to pose another problem: waking up. Although drinking Advocare Sparks to get going is incredibly effective, I am easily bored with flavor and begin to crave new and exciting things. So, here is my newest creation that tastes great and helps me cool down!

THE COOL HULK
(pics are coming soon)

1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
1 Tsp Macha Powder
1 Cup Organic Coconut Milk
1 Frozen Banana*
3/4 Cup Frozen Watermelon or frozen Mango*
A few mint leaves (optional, but they add a refreshing flavor)
Stevia to taste (I find that this shake does not need any)

Combine everything in your blender and blend until smooth. The shake has a tendency of being incredibly thick. If the mixtures has a hard time moving, add a little more coconut milk.

* A note on freezing bananas and watermelon.
I prefer to freeze bananas that are very over ripened. Usually they are sweeter and work better in breads, pancakes, and smoothies. Cut the banana into TINY pieces. Small pieces of banana will liquify easier in your blender.

When I get my watermelon ready for freezing, I prefer circular shape rather then square (although there is nothing wrong with cutting your watermelon into small cubes). I use a melon baller to make a few hundred tiny balls of watermelon, freeze them and use them in my smoothies and instead of ice in my summer time drinks and in my water.

No comments:

Post a Comment